Wednesday 5 June 2013

Football Manager: My Career so far

This is one of the first Football Managers that ive played once through and not stopped and started to go another team and its the furthest ive went in the career so i thought id share my 2012 to 2032 career with you. Yes ive played 20 years in the game so far and i am at the age of 45 so where is my career and where did it begin?

2012/2017

It begins in 2012 as i start my career with Rangers Fc in the 3rd division of the Scottish league. I start all football managers with Rangers and this was no different and was hoping for a good challenge to get them back in the Premier Division. This challenge was a very easy task winning the league in my first season and also winning the scottish cup so things were looking up from there. I continued my season into the 2nd Division winning the title unfortunately with no other trophies to add. My next season was just as simple winning the 1st division but again with no trophies. There was some hiccups within this season as players such as David Templeton refusing to stay and having a dressing room spat with Dean Sheils but all was still well as i progressed into the Premier Division. My first season was not all too successful for what i hoped for. I won the Scottish cup again but failing to do well in the league and finished 5th in the season. I felt from this i had to continue to try and justify my stay and i was close to winning the title in my final rangers season coming 2nd and again winning the Scottish cup and the Scottish league cup and so it was my 5 year career with rangers had ended but why ?

2017/2019

I was approached by a struggling Inter Milan, this was far too tempting to let go and to produce at a high level and get Inter back where they belong, and it was a poor decision. I struggled from the outset trying to get them back into a good position. I won the Italian cup but only finished 9th in the league. My 2nd season i was determined to get a high league position and i could only finish 5th but it was enough to secure me another job with hope of getting more trophies.

2019/2022

Marsielles' manager had retired after winning the league and they approached me after i declared interest. I felt this would be a good move as i could try and win the league again and get more trophies under my belt. However it was here my journey turned sour. I produced no trophies in my first season and finished 6th.  I was on the brink of being fired a number of times and somehow kept on with the skin of my teeth. My 2nd season i was determined to sign some good players and turn my luck around. I finished the league 2nd with a string of great results and just missed the top spot with a few points. I also won the french cup so i produced some silverware for the club. Then i stayed on to try and reach the title and i did no such thing. I was 9th in the league and sacked of my duties.


2022/2025

Unemployed and no job offer coming in i had to take a lower club. Fortunatley for me it was with a club i love. Hull City. Still in the championship i brought them to glory and won the league. The Premiership is where i was heading. I tried to sign some experienced players that were still in the game to try and keep me up in the premier division. I finished 17th in my first season just missing relegation. The next season i tried to build my squad as much as i could and i finished a respectable 12th in the league. My Next season it took a turn for the worst and i was not producing the wins at all and i was 20th in the league with 12 games gone. Luckily i was approached by a surprisingly good team.


2025/2028

West Brom. Now i know there not brilliant but remember we are in 2025 now and they were suppose to be finished within a euro finish. I unfortunately could not do this in my first half season and finished 9th in the league but they were happy to keep me on. My first full season i finished 4th which was a great achievement and champions league football was my way. This was short lived though and i was put out with ease in the champions league but this left he Euro cup. I finished 6th in the league which the board were not happy about but i had won the Euro cup beating Man Utd in the final. I tried to follow on this for next season but finished 5th in the league with no trophies and i was sacked. The west brom board clearly had very high standards.


2028/2030

Thankfully i Was approached by Real Socidad and they were well represented in the spanish league so i jumped at the chance to manage there. My first season was a great success finished 5th in the league, winning the spanish cup and also AGAIN winning the Euro cup against Man City in the final so it was a very successful start to my career. My next season i began to lose my love for the club and wasnt enjoyin playing the game as much, i finished 5th in my season and won the spanish super cup at the start of the 2nd season. But i could no longer be at the club i felt i done everything i could so i resigned from my post and waited for a change for my career.


2030/2032

It was after a year of unemployment i took the job at Holland. Thinking of trying to produce silverware in the European championship within the next 2 years. I won my qualifying group with ease and everything was looking up but i was approached within this period of national triumph. I was approached by Ajax and Arsenal. This was a very hard decision to make arsenal were sitting 6th in the league where as Ajax were first half way through the season. I wanted to stay at Holland but there was still a long wait to the 2032 European championship.

I took the Ajax Job the thought of more trophies was too tempting and trophies is exactly what i got. The dutch of class was in me and i triumphed winning the league in my first season and again winning the Euro cup destroying my old club Inter Milan with ease.

And so the European Championship was upon us. This was the best football ive seen and a destroyed every team that i came up against. I beat Spain 6-1 in the group stages topping my group. I destroyed wales 4-1 in the first round. Then it was Portugal to feel my wrath as i beat them 3-0 and the were the previous winners so it was looking very good from here. I went on to beat Italy 2-1 in the semis and i was presented with France in the final. I went 1-0 down at half time and it looked bad from there but i came back and won 2-1 and i was ground the European Champions. This took my decision to resign from here as 12 of of winning players were over the age of 30 so i felt someone had to come in and take over.



So here we are beginning another season with Ajax in the year 2032. I will be trying to finish my career in Football Manager if its even possible. It cant go on forever so i want to play the game till the end. I will update here when i retire which may be another 20 years when i am 65 who knows.

That is my career so far. Hope you enjoyed reading my 20 years spent in this game and i will do my best to finish before the next one comes out which is still a while away.

Thanks For reading

ZebruhGaming

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/gmasson1

 This Blog claims no credit for any images posted unless noted otherwise. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this blog, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.



No comments:

Post a Comment